If the weatheroutside is frightful and the coldis turning you off from outdoor activites,this sensory activity will have you and the kids looking forward to colder weather more often;)
What you need
2 boxes of cornstarch
a can of foaming shaving cream
a box or plastic container
a sheet or tarp or even newspaper
any random materials you have around your house
1. Empty 2 boxes of cornstarch into a box, plastic container, tub, or any other container you have lying around. I used an old gift box with a lid. A lid comes in handy if you want to be able to keep your “snow” to use another day.
2. Add the shaving cream to your cornstarch. I used almost the whole can.
3. Gather together random odds and ends from around the house that can be used to play with the snow. Use your imagination here, you could use leaves, twigs and other objects from the yard, you could use beans, pasta, and other dried foods, or even candy.
4. Let the little ones mix the cornstarch and shaving cream together until it forms a crumbly powder that sticks together if you form it into a ball. If it won’t stick together, just add a little more shaving cream.
5. They can use any of the objects you have rounded up to explore their “snow” and build whatever they can imagine.
Thank you to Modern Parents Messy Kids for sharing this fun activity. Check out her blog for more pictures for this fun activity.