Feeding our kids healthy foods gives them the essential vitamins and minerals they need to grow and develop over the years. But how do you keep it interesting?
Here are some ideas to give your kids a healthy snack that they will enjoy when they are in school.
1) Cut sandwiches into little shapes to make them fun. We like to use cookie cutters so every day there is a new shape to eat. We also cut cheeses into little shapes. Kids will think there food is fun and forget how healthy it is.
2)Give your kids a few options to choose from when making their snacks. If they are part of the decision process, they are more likely to eat all their food.
3) Remember the 4 food groups and try to send snacks that contain all of them.
1) Jello – Who doesn’t love jello? Make it healthy by adding fruit into the mix.
2) Smoothies – Blend up some fruit/veggies and yogurt and put it in a thermos for a healthy drink.
3) Yogurts are a great way to get your dairy servings
5) Skewer fruit and cheese pieces for a fruit kabob (add some yogurt or hummus so they can dip it)
6) Nut free trail mix – throw in some dried fruit and your childs favorite dry cereal
These are all easy snacks that don't take much time to prepare. Looking for some great recipe ideas to change it up as well? Click here for some fun and easy ideas.