Looking for a fun costume that isn't going to cost you a fortune this Halloween? Here are some fun and very cute ideas that you can make yourself in no time!
2) Here comes the Sun –
All you need is: an over-size yellow sweatshirt, orange and yellow felt, elastic, rickrack, pipe cleaners, fabric glue, a large safety pin
She's the sunshine of your life, so show the world! A basic sweatshirt is the start of this cheery costume. The smiling face of the sun is made from felt. A plain long-sleeve tee and yellow kneesocks or tights finish it off!
3) Scuba Diver – Scouring pads, a soda bottle, and other household products give you a deep-sea diver's duds.
3 yards black nylon webbing, 1 yard self-adhesive Velcro, 6 metallic scouring pads, 2-liter plastic soda bottle, 1 sports-bottle lid, Silver spray paint, 4 inches black rubber tubing, 18 inches cord-keeper tube
Wet suit: Black hooded sweatshirt, Black tights or leggings, Black gloves, Plastic safety goggles
1. Cut a piece of nylon webbing 2 inches longer than your child's waist circumference. Attach Velcro pieces to each end for a belt.
2. Measure your child from front of waist, over shoulders, to back of waist. Cut two straps of webbing to this measurement. Glue one end of each piece of webbing to the center of the back of the belt, about 1/4 inch apart. Attach loose ends to front of belt, about 3 inches apart, like suspender straps.
3. Fold scouring pads into tubes and glue edges together. Glue tubes around belt to create diving weights.
4. Coat soda bottle and sports-bottle lid with spray paint and let dry, about one hour.
5. Glue a piece of webbing around bottom of soda bottle to resemble an air tank. Attach bottle to belt and straps with pieces of Velcro.
6. Wrap rubber tubing around the mouth of the soda bottle and glue ends inside cord-keeper tube.
Push other end of cord keeper into loop of painted sports-bottle top for a ventilator; tuck cord-keeper tube under webbing strap to hold in place.