Moms love to receive homemade crafts from their little ones. Adding photos in the mix is a terrific way to make it personal and meaningful. Don’t forget to bring along a box of tissues because it may bring a tear or two when mom is presented with the final product! Here is a great Mother’s Day gift that is perfect for mom or grandma.
I was inspired by this image from Spoonful on Pinterest so my daughter and I decided to make our own photo flower craft for Grandma! She even made me one for a Mother's Day gift as well!
construction paper in spring colours
scrapbooking paper in spring patterns
photos of your child (try to get the best head shots!)
green pipe cleaners
1. Cut out a flower shape from construction paper.
2. Cut out a larger flower shape from scrapbooking paper.
3. Glue these together so that they have about a 1/2 inch edge.
4. Glue a green pipe cleaner to the back of the flowers. Add some tape to add more stability if you need it (if the pipe cleaner is not sturdy enough, you can use a green popsicle stick).
5. Cut out your child's head from a photo and glue it in the centre of the flowers. Make one for each member of the family. This is a lovely gift for Grandmas this Mother's Day!
momstown is the leading parenting community connecting real Canadian moms – with each other and with the brands they use each and every day. Our goal is to provide Canadian moms with an online resource that is supportive, open, & inspiring during the early stages of their babies and children’s lives.